Friday, January 15, 2010

IRS and mileage

IRS disallows commute miles to and from your work...so go figure...ha! Since all of our work is driving...I count it all. BW


On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM, wrote:

Hello! Billy and a Happy New Years to you and yours. Just a question for you about how to calculate mileage when serving papers. I serve process for several local attorneys. I keep record of my starting mileage to the addresses on the citation and keep a runnning total from one location to the other, but Iam unsure if I need to count the mileage coming back to my home after the last stop?? Thanks for your help and advise. Lupe R. Cruz #SCH3758

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The IRS gives you the option of deducting either your mileage or $ spent on gas, it's more beneficial to deduct the mileage.

    ReplyDelete